He defends the creative process, the function and the simplicity to develop relevant projects. Inevitably he always lays for a constant innovation, but maintaining a timeless language. Looking form another point of view. He tends to twist the archetype. He emphasizes the generation of new concepts, process, analysis, and communication stages. He always push it further, looking to the future.
Juan Sorian Blanco (Madrid, 1984) graduated in Industrial Design in Madrid and then achieved a master in Design at the University Cardenal Herrera – CEU in Valencia. Then he attended the Design Academy Eindhoven for a year and the SPD in Milan.
In Madrid he had an experience as graphic designer in Grijalba studio. In Valencia he worked with the National Design awarded Lavernia-Cienfuegos Studio. In Holland in the Sander Mulder Studio, then in Milan with Laudani&Romanelli and with Claudio Bellini Design + Design studio. After he moved back to Madrid and worked for Studio Banana.
In 2012 he was selected by Campana Brothers for the exhibition “Homeless” and he took part in the Boisbuchet Vitra summer workshop (his project was finalist and was engineered by Amorim, Portugal).
In 2013 he was selected finalist by the Barcelona Design Center in the initiative of MID.
- Selected for the food design exhibition Papila, in Valencia furniture fair 2010.
- Exhibition at “09 centre diseny, certamen de diseño joven”. Art and Crafts museum of Castellon. Everbike folding bike project.
- Finalist at Watchcelona watches award with Concret watch in 2010.
- Scholarship gained through the designboom.com website to make the Product Design Master, in the Scuola Politecnica di Milano, in 2012.
- Selected finalist by the Campana brothers to exhibit in the Milan Furniture fair 2012, in the Homeless exhibition contest.
- Selected finalist to develop the prototype in the competition of the Boisbuchet Vitra summer workshops in collaboration with Amorim, in 2012.
- Exhibition in Mart Art Museum of the piece hook of bread for the Progetto Cibo, La forma del gusto, 2013.
- Part from a collective, "WAH - We Are Here" design store in the Schio design Festival 2013, Italy.
- Selected finalist to exhibit in Milan Furniture fair 2013 in Brera Fuori Salone, in the Homeless design contest.
- Selected finalist for the project “Mercado de ideas de diseño 2013”, in Barcelona. Later his project was was developed by the Spanish company Estiluz.